March 22, 2016 | Tuesday
Share This Post With:
Euicc essay competition
The EUICC launches its first competition asking secondary students in 11th and 12th grade across Kosovo to write a 1-page essay responding to the prompt, ‘What does the EU mean to me?’ The EUICC presents this essay competition to promote the development of writing, English language skills and critical thinking skills. Moreover, this essay competition is an opportunity for Kosovo’s secondary students to discuss and consider their thoughts relating to Kosovo and the European Union.
Do you see the EU as providing opportunity, supporting the rule of law, improving your education or rights? Or maybe the EU supports a development project in your neighborhood.
What has your experience with the EU been or what do you hope it will be in the future? The EU wants to hear what the EU means for you, your neighborhood and your everyday life.
All high school students in their last year of study (grade 11/12) from Kosovo are encouraged to participate. The top 3 essays will be awarded a tablet and Kindle gift certificate during a ceremony on March 30, 2016 honoring their submission at the EUICC in Pristina. The winning essays will also be featured in the April EUICC Newsblog.
The EUICC encourages all 11th and 12th grade students to participate!
- Currently attending a secondary school in Kosovo and in the 11th or 12th grade.
- The essay is typed and within the 1-page A4 limit, or approximately 500 words (see template).
- All essays must be submitted in English.
- Submission of this essay must be from citizens of Kosovo.
- Submission must be received or postmarked by March 15th, 2016 at 24:00 via email at email@example.com or hardcopy to office via mail at the address: EU Information and Cultural Center in Pristina, Str. “Nena Tereza” nr.16, Prishtine 10000, Kosovo or North Mitrovica Str. “Čika Jovina” n.n., North Mitrovica 40000, Kosovo
Essays will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- Meets all eligibility requirements
- Answers the question, “What does the EU mean to me”?
- Writing skill
- Connections made with Kosovo and the EU
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: Any submissions suspected of plagiarism or not the original work of the student submitting the essay will be disqualified.